Re: kmix

>--- David Dayan-Rosenman <david@liafa.jussieu.fr>
>wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am deperately trying to get kmix to work under kde
>> 2.1.2 on Potato,
>> kmix works perfectly when lauched as root but not
>> when an unprivileg user
>> starts it.  It complains about not finding any
>> mixer.
>> Any idea about how to fix that ?
>>
>> David
>>

>Try adding yourself to the audio group.  "addgroup
>username audio" then log out and back in.  Worked for
>me anyway.

This seems to come up again and again. Users not in audio group or other
access groups. Is there some reason that Debian does not include users into
these groups by default? I can't see why you would want to not include a
user into one of these groups. Could it not be part of the installation to
ask if all users should be included in groups like audio and such?

Cheers,

     John Gay