Re: KDE and euro symbol

On Tuesday, 24. July 2001 13:10, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:

> 2) keycode 26 = e E curency
>    the key works, but I get a circle with three dots at four "corners"

That's exactly how it is on my system. Now try the following: Open a terminal
and type

export LANG=de_DE.ISO-8859-15

Now, start kwrite (or any other KDE application) from the commandline, et
voil?à, the Euro symbol appears. Unfortunately, other programs such as perl
then complain that the locale is not supported on the system even though I
removed the comment symbol before the corresponding line in /etc/locale.gen.
If I set LANG to de_DE.ISO-8859-15@euro, perl stops to complain but the Euro
symbol does not work anymore under KDE. :-(

Any help appreciated!

Ciao...