Re: KDE docs in other formats

[...]

> I leave you with this rhetorical question...
> If DocBook is such a great format for the end-user to have their
> documentation in, why are the files in /usr/share/doc/docbook-doc
> HTML.

I never said it was a gret format for the end-user.  I said the benifits of
using docbook for a distribution outway the spead the end-user gets from
viewing documentation.

It is easier to maintain a single file than 4 different versions of one.
that's not even talking about the size.

If you want to maintain html versions of the documentation be my guest.  It's
a royal pain in the ass and I for one don't even use html. I prefer text.  I
know people who prefer .pdf.  Which format should we provide?  All of them?
hmmm...let's calculate how much larger the distribution got by providing
at least 4 different versions of documentation.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II