Re: keyboard freeze after reboot

On Saturday 14 July 2001 12:16, Hank Marquardt 's fingers did this all over
the keyboard!! :
> I can report the same behavior .. same setup except I'm still at 2.4.4
>
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 05:18:55PM +0200, Johannes M Zmoelnig wrote:
> > hi !
> > i don't know whether this has been discussed already on this list, but
> > still...
> > using xfree-4.0.3-4 and kde-2.2.0-beta on my sid-system (kernel-2.4.6)
> > gives me a very interesting feature: after each reboot the keyboard locks
> > after kdm is being launched
> > since the mouse still works, i can easily restart the X-server
> > then everything works fine (nevertheless i think it is a kde-related
> > problem)
> > any hints, helps tips ?
> >
> > mfg.cd.sdz
> > IOhannes

	This may have NO bearing whatsoever, but I found that after editting my
/etc/inittab and adding more vt's, I could no longer type into KDM or XDM or
GDM. I then discovered that KDM DEMANDS that it be allowd to live in VT7! If
it ran from anywhere else, I lost keyboard ability.

> > --

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                                 (541) 504-1388
                                 Via IRC at; 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts
                                           Via ICQ: UIN 138930

"Failure is not an option...it's bundled with Microsoft"
						-anonymous-

"Software is like sex. They're both better when they're free!!" - Linus
Torvalds

"As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product."