Re: keyboard freeze after reboot

I have noticed the same problem when I need to start "kdm" from a virtual
console. The mouse works, the keyboard doesn't, and restarting X solves the
problem. My default setup runs kdm on booting, and I have no problem with the
keyboard.

At one time I was using "xdm" and I would run into the same trouble. Since
the only way to restart the server was to use "Ctrl-Alt-Backspace", I
switched to kdm, which lets me do the same with a mouse.

I think the problem might be X-related.

-Andy