Re: future release of kde2.2 for potatoe ?

On Thursday 12 July 2001 17:40, Laurent Rathle wrote:
> Le Jeudi 12 Juillet 2001 09:59, Daniel Nofftz a écrit :
> > hi!
> > will the 2.2 final release also be avaible for potatoe ?
> >

> The release of Kde 2.2 final is scheduled to be announced on the 30th of
> July. So, I guess it won'tbe available for potato before.

Too many things changed already between potato and woody (new libraries
required by KDE 2.2, deb build env, etc).  AFIAK Ivan has no time/plan to build
KDE 2.2 debs for potato.   So either someone volunteers to build potato
debs or upgrade to testing.

I had no trouble with testing for a long
time on my private box.  FWIW if one only updates stuff when really
necessary testing is already quite stable.  But that's my experience
not the one of Debian ;)

Achim