still broken, need help: DCOP problem

I didn't get a response to the last query, so I thought I would try again.

I have a current Debian/Woody system.  I recently upgraded to 2.2.0beta1.
Things went OK for a day or two, but then I upgraded to new packages again on
7/10.  Then for some reason I do not understand, kde will not start now.

The symptom (error messages) are DCOP error messages for essentially every
kde application.  It will not even get past the initialization phase.

What package supplies DCOP? (kdebase ?) perhaps I should try to reinstall the
kde packages?

Need some guidance here...

--
James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.