Re: Kde 2.2 Beta1

On Wednesday 11 July 2001 03:17 pm, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Jul 11 2001, Robert Guthrie wrote:
> > apt-get install somepackage/unstable
> 	I obviouly need to have a sources.list line pointing to
> 	unstable, right?

No, from what I've seen (only used it twice), it just figures out which
version is in unstable (or testing), and then tries to resolve
dependencies and install.

If you have entries for unstable in your sources.list file, and then do
apt-get update; apt-get upgrade, it'll upgrade you to the unstable
version.  Apt-get defaults to grabbing the most recent packages available
from the distributions listed in sources.list, even if you also have
"stable" entries.  And reletive positions in the list file don't make any
difference*.

* if 2 entries resolve to the _same_ version of a package, the first entry
will be used when dowloading the .deb file.