KDE programming

I have purchased the KDE 2/Qt Programming Bible by Arthur Griffith.

In trying to work through the first tutorial I find that none of the
programming packages seem to be present in my Debian KDE 2.1.2.

Naturally, the files in the accompanying CD are not currrent, and I
cannot find debs for the ones I think I need.

Can some-one advise me on the best course of action?
or am I on the wrong list.

Thanks
John Batistic.

--- from NEW ZEALAND - a natural habitat for the PENGUIN ---
--- registered Linux user # 205322 - running Libranet Linux ---