Re: dock application bar won't restart some dockapps upon login

On Sunday 08 July 2001 03:07 pm, Andy Saxena wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using KDE 2.2beta1.  There are currently three dockapps on the dock
> application bar - wminet, wmcube, wmCalClock. However, when I add another
> dockapp - wmnet - it is not restored when I log in the next time.

Yeah, it's kind of a bug (or a non-feature). The dock application bar (and
other session managed programs) forget the command line they were started
from. I believe their have been bug reports filed on this (I've been meaning
to look and/or file a bug report on this for a long time. At any rate, it's
a KDE bug, not debian specfic, take a look at bugs.kde.org.

> The settings are in ~/.kde/share/config/dockbarextentionrc.
>
> If I edit the file manually when I am not in a KDE session, wmnet shows up
> as the fourth dockapp on the dock application bar when I log into KDE.
> However, the next time I log in, it's gone and the dockbarextensionrc has
> been rewritten accordingly.
>
> Here is my dockbarextensionrc
>
> Is this a bug? Or am I configuring something wrong?

See above.

Andrew B. Arthur / aarthur@imaclinux.net \ geocities.com/gcsac6993
"All He Wanted Was To Be Free, And That's The Way It Turned Out to Be"