Re: stable -> testing kde problems

On Wednesday 04 July 2001 14:30, uhlhorsr wrote:
> I just upgraded my potato box to testing and am having problems getting kde
> set up. I noticed there is no task-kde in testing (correct?). So I manually
> picked the kde debs with dselect. I got kdm running fine, but when I try to
> login via kdm, the machine hangs for a few seconds and then dumps me back
> to kdm. I can however get kdm to lauch blackbox without problems though.
> What am I missing/doing wrong?
>
> FYI: This was inspired by the "upgrade" to a geforce2 mx video card. Any
> relation?
>
> -stephen

Once you start blackbox, try running /usr/bin/kde2 by hand from within a
terminal.  $'s to donut holes that will error out and give you the root
cause.  Once you get that error message, if you are still lost, post it to
the group and we can go from there.

HTH,

D.A.Bishop

P.S.  Re: the geforce, no.  As long as X starts, you shouldn't be having any
driver related issues.  At least, not at this point in the process :-)