Re: pure_virtual the never ending story

On Monday 02 July 2001 11:26 am, Arne Scheffler wrote:
> Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 04:15:29PM +0200, Arne Scheffler wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>I follow this list a while and I know about the pure_virtual problem
> >>with libqt and libqt-gl.
> >>My Problem is that I only got libqt installed. And if I start kde
> >>it stops in the starting phase with a message dialog, where it tells me
> >>that something went wrong with dcop. When I start dcopserver manually it
> >>claims the following :
> >>---
> >>dcopserver: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libqt.so.2:
> >>undefined symbol: __pure_virtual
> >>---
> >>So I don't know really what I can do now to solve this problem. A new
> >>installation of the kde & qt packages doesn't change anything.
> >>
> >>Some hints ?
> >>
> >>I'm running testing on a powerpc machine.
> >
> > either wait until the packages from unstable make their way into testing
> > or grab them from testing.
>
> They are grabbed from testing.
>
> arne

I think he meant "grab them from unstable from *within* testing".  The one's
in testing are the old libraries, suspectible to the pure_virtual problem.
The one's in unstable aren't.  Thus, you can wait for them to filter down, or
you can get them yourself.  Your choice :-)

--
"To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is
You discover truth everytime you use it." reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com

dbishop@micron.com