Re: kdm won't start

On Sunday 01 July 2001 3:37 pm, Jonathan Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
> after I upgraded to x4.1.0, kde2 wouldn't start anymore. I found out, that
> some files had moved to other directorys and got 'startx' working.
> But kdm still isn't working. I then looked through the files located in
> /usr/X11/kdm but couldn't find an error there (well, no obvious error).

There has been a fairly major restructuring of kdm, and it does not rely on
files in /usr/X11/kdm anymore.

Take a look at /usr/share/config/kdm instead (this might have become
/etc/kde2/kdm - I am not using .debs but built from source), and in
particular the new kdmrc file.

--

  Alan - alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk