latest konq dieing with auth_proxy

That is *definetly* the problem, after extensive testing, and now I have the
auth_proxy setup at home to prove it.  Ivan, I've setup squid with
authentication, and you can use it to test (in case you haven't had time in
the last couple days to do it yourself).  Email me privately and I'll get you
the hostname/logon information.  Everyone else: if you are currently in a
situation where you have to use an authenticating proxy, do not upgrade to
the latest kde packages.  You *will* get frustrated as hell :-)

David