Re: Packaging WM themes - question

Casper Gielen wrote:

> On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 11:44:14AM +0200, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> >
> > Don't tell me, that you absolutely have to install Debian on a 386.  No
> > one has to do that, you can always use a bigger machine for the initial
> > setup.  Hell, back in the "old days" people were suggesting to compile
> > the kernels on another machine, so you wouldn't have to wait all day
> > long.
>
> Unfortunatly large parts of the world still consider a 386 a fast
> computer.

Well, it all depends of the work you have to get done.  E.g. I outfitted
my 386 to be a firewall and it serves that purpose very well.  Having
said that, a) where in my post did I say that I don't consider a 386 to
be a fast machine (which, is true, I don't think it's a fast machine),
and b) what kind of bogus arguement is that anyway?  It's obviously not
fast enough to install Debian, so you get a bigger machine for the job.

Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld
WWW: http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~rosenfel/