Access Control behaves strange

Hi,

avter my last upgrade of the Potato stuff yesterday, when I vane
another window open with another user (e.g. root), I xannot run X
applications:

# xemacs
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

Initialization error: X server not responding
: ":0.0"
#

KDE (or what else?) seems not to recognize localhost:

~>xhost
access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
INET:localhost
~>

When I disable access control, it's OK (but a security hole :-()

What has changed with KDE?  (May be, I didn't read the debconf screens
coming up during the upgrade carefully enough?)

So what do I have to change in my configuration?

Thanks in advance,

--
Hubert Palme
palme@uni-wuppertal.de