Re: Correct method for installing new apps

Thanks for the pointer Jens, I haven't plated with deb-make yet. I am
feeling quite comfortable with Debian now (was a SuSE user untill
about 3 months ago and RedHat way back when) so since mt 2.2r3 CDs
arrived yesterday I can feel a reinstal coming on for my laptop. Looks
like making my own debs is the way to go to keep things nice and clean
(its amazing how much rubish you can scatter arround a file system
just playing with all the nice geegaws you find on the Net, Freshmeat
has a lot to answer for ...)

Pat