Re: update/upgrade broke licq

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 06:18:15PM -0700, G. L. `Griz' Inabnit wrote:
> On Monday 07 May 2001 17:05, JC Portlock wrote something to this effect:
> > Hi y'all,
> >
> > Apt-get updated and upgraded my potato box last night.  I didn't notice
> > till just now that Licq is no longer on the K-menu and when I try to
> > run it in konsole I get this:
> >
> > Dir=~ pts/2$ licq
> > 16:54:51: [WRN] Licq: Ignoring stale lockfile (pid 22052)
              ^^^^^
> John,
> 	You've got a stale lockfile (usually ~/.licq/licq.pid). If that file exists,
> rm it and try again.

As you can see, the stale lockfile is only a warning. The problem is
probably with the changed qt-libraries. John, try to upgrade your licq, or
when it is not possible, compile it yourself. If you have deb-srcs in your
sources.list, you can easily do it with

apt-get -b source licq

(or something similar, I do not know the correct package name)
Of course, if licq is from kde.debian.org, then you don't have luck, Ivan
probably doesn't creates src debs (yet?).

Sorry for the bad english.

--
Akos Putz