Re: Long application startup time

Dne út 24. duben 2001 23:08 Malte Cornils napsal(a):

> Application startup takes ages for me too; on a notebook of mine, it
> went away when I deleted the .kde user directory. On another
> computer, this didn't help but he had a resolv.conf entry for some
> nameservers that weren't reachable; this caused *extensive*
> slowdown. I found out about that with stat, the process was hanging
> in a DNS query poll.
>
> On my current system, I also get slowdown, but I assume it is
> because the mainboard for my K6-2 333 has a cacheable area of just
> 64 MB; this means any memory above this is painfully slow. This
> would hurt at application startup time I suppose...
>
> Maybe one of these things helps you!

I've had similar issues here too. I recommend starting X without KDE (just
single xterm window) and then running 'kde2'. then any app you start will
give you visual feedback in this window, and you can see what's going wrong.
(PIII/600, 128 MB RAM Konqueror starts in less than 2 seconds now)

Ax
--

   Vaclav Hula
   vaclav.hula@capitol.cz