Re: Long application startup time

I'm not sure if this is related at all, but since upgrading to X4.0.2 and
KDE2.1.1 with QT2.3.0, on my machine (P3-450, 128MB), I've had a problem with
everything taking much longer to load.  While AA is supposed to cause some
slowdown, should it really take 1:15 (mm:ss!) to load up a new instance of
Konqy?  KDE came from kde.tdyc.com, and X came from cpbotha's unoffical
potato debs, while I compiled QT2.3 myself (to include the XFT extension).