Re: Long application startup time

I don't have that problem. Even konqueror takes only about 1.5 seconds on the
example you gave. xterm opens almost instantaneously. I have a system with
specs comparable to yours (celeron 450, 256MB, scsi).

I suspect the problem is that your home directory is being mounted via NFS. I
seem to recall others discussing this on kde-devel, but maybe 5-6 months ago.

Jon