Re: Help! kdm loops

> Actually, the problem I've had with this lately, is with ssh.  That whole
> compiled with different ssl thingy.  My solution has been to simply remove
> ssh from the afflicted machines, as kdm trys to start ssh-agent, and as there
> is no mechanism to prompt you for anything (i..e., when something screws up)
> it simply dumps you back to the beginning.  This might or might not have
> anything to do with your error, but it's happened to me on two different
> machines.  Oh, I guess you could figure out where it's calling ssh-agent and
> comment that out, but it was too much trouble for me.  I don't use ssh all
> that often (bad david, no biscuit!)

/etc/X11/Xsession.options

(which looks like this)

# /etc/X11/Xsession.options
#
# configuration options for /etc/X11/Xsession
# See Xsession.options(5) for an explanation of the available options.
allow-failsafe
allow-user-modmap
allow-user-resources
allow-user-xsession
use-ssh-agent

just change use-ssh-agent to no-use-ssh-agent or just remove that line..whatever

Ivan
--
Ivan E. Moore II