khelpcenter and docbook

To anyone using Ivan's 2.2alpha debs or self-compiling...

Has anyone anywhere been able to get khelpcenter to read the docbook
documentation?

There is one person who brought this up on kde-devel, I believe S. Kulow
responded saying first it was a known issue.. but that was a while back.

No amount of debugging this kio_helpslave gets me anywhere. I've
self-compiled with --enable-debug , produces 0 extra info inside
.xsession-errors.

My system is updated daily from Debian unstable, with Branden's
X4.0.3pre debs, and Ivan's kde 2.2alpha.

Gordon Sadler