Re: problems with kdelibs3

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 11:00:29PM -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
> I currently am running Libranet 1.90, based on Debian Potato
>
> It comes with KDE2.1, and I wanted to upgrade to 2.1.1, but ran into
> difficulty.......
>
> With apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, I consistently have a large number
> of KDE packages held back.  So I tried to install them using apt-get install
>

> I tried to install kdebase-libs
> it wanted kdelibs3, which I tried to install :
>
> manjushri:/home/michael# apt-get install kdelibs3
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.
>
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   kdelibs3: Depends: libssl096 but it is not installable
> E: Sorry, broken packages

Here's your main problem... kdelibs3 from Ivan (Debian maintainer) is
not and will not depend on libssl. libssl is non-US, to provide that he
packages kdelibs3-crypto and kdebase-crypto.

Something must be off with your /etc/apt/sources.list. The kdelibs3 you
are trying to install here is not from Debian.

> So, i tried to apt-get install libssl096- this is what happened:
>
> Package libssl096 has no available version, but exists in the database.
> This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
> never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
> of sources.list
> E: Package libssl096 has no installation candidate

<SNIP package search results>

HTH

Gordon Sadler