Re: kde2.2 alpha

> I was wondering if, as a boon to the kde developers, all "pre-unstable"
> snapshots (of kde 2.2alpha specifically) could be built with debugging
> support.  I've been trying to be a good end user and file bug reports on
> crashes and whatnot, but with the binaries stripped, oftentime I know it's
> somewhat useless.  Of course, once they are rolled into sid/woody/whatever,
> they should be stripped again, but at least at this stage, I'd prefer to give
> the dev's all the help they can get.  And if someone complains that the
> alpha-quality pre-unstable packages are too big, well, tough beans :-)  Use
> the regular stuff, then..... Just a thought, I might be missing something
> that is obvious to everyone else.  It's happened before :-)

I understand the desire to help the developers out more..however I use this
as my desktop and speed is important to me. :)    The current builds of
2.2alpha have the basic debugging turned on and when there are problems that
require anything beyond that it doesn't take me long to rebuild a package
with --enable-debug...however running my desktop with that would be crazy.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II