kvirc?

The kvirc site (www.kvirc.net) has debian packages for kvirc 2.0.0 but not for
any later releases and I didnt't find references to kvirc in woody, unstable,
requested packages or packages being worked on.

I really liked kvirc when I used it on SuSE and Mandrake and would like to see
it in Debian, and I'd have no problem with packaging it myself.

The questions would be: would it be desirable to have kvirc in debian and
would it be desirable to have it packaged by a packaging-newbie (I have
experience with Linux, KDE and software development, though)?

regards,
Volker

--
The difference between America and England is that the English think 100
miles is a long distance and the Americans think 100 years is a long time.