Re: KDE 2.2 pre-alpha1 test packages available for sid/unstable

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 05:53:14PM -0600, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> Ok folks...
>
>   I have prepared a set of test pacakges for the upcomming KDE 2.2-alpha1
> release.  You can add the following apt line:
>
>     deb http://people.debian.org/%7Erkrusty/ kde2.2/$(ARCH)/
>
> you *must* be using Branden's new X4.0.3 packages which you can get from:
>
>     deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ebranden/ woody/$(ARCH)/
>
> The new qt packages I built with the new X4.0.3 packages are also in the
> above url...  Report bugs to the debian-kde@lists.debian.org mailing list
> and *NOT* to the Debian BTS.
>
> Again, these are test packages... KDE 2.2-alpha1 has not been released yet and
> these do not reflect the final state of 2.2-alpha1.  The main purpose of these
> packages are to work out packaging issues, allow for other packagers to test
> build their packages against the new libs, testers to test the new features,
> bug squashers to find and help fix bugs, and for the criminally insane who like
> to run pre-alpha software.
>
> There is no guarentee that these will even work...and my response will most
> likely be "It works for me..." :)

gbsadler@home-desktop:~/cvs/kdelibs$ sudo apt-get install kdebase
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  kdebase-libs libcdparanoia0 libkonq-dev libkonq3 libogg0 libvorbis0
  libcdparanoia0 libogg0 libvorbis0
4 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 15  not	upgraded.
Need to get 8281kB of archives. After unpacking 893kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.
gbsadler@home-desktop:~/cvs/kdelibs$ sudo apt-get install kdelibs3
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  libmysqlclient10 libpgsql2.1 mysql-common
  libmysqlclient10 libpgsql2.1 mysql-common
1 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 18  not upgraded.
Need to get 6679kB of archives. After unpacking 2179kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

As the cd,ogg,vorbis libs are fairly small, I probably won't/shouldn't
grip about them... However, can you either Suggest/Recommend the 2
different database libs, or split out the offending plugins?

I currently don't run any databases on my local machine, not too keen on
having to install 2 different db libs.

Gordon Sadler