Re: kdebase: please remove dependency on klisa

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 01:10:34PM -0600, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 08:55:59PM +0200, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
> > Package: kdebase
> > Version: 4:2.1.1-0.potato3.1
> > Severity: wishlist
> >
> > I *don't* want to run any service as klisa on my machine, so I am asking
> > to please change the dependency from recommends to suggests, so that
> > dselect is not bugging me all the time.
>
> In future releases it will be a suggests...tho I really hate that idea.
>
> <rant> I think it's STUPID that I have to remove a recommend when my intention
> is to recommend.    WTF do we have recommends for if users just want them
> removed all the time. </rant>

I would say, leave recommends as is. If a user is using dselect, either
they know how to resolve dependencies by hand... or they are the type
who just wants it to work out-of-the-box. If they are using apt from the
commandline, they might be prepared to deal with suggests/recommends by
hand.

> > PS: Is this the right place for sending in kde-*potato* bugreports?
>
> yes
>
> > PS: I originaly thought theses packages were coming from KDE, but the
> >     bugreport was bounced there. Does anybody know whether there was an
> >     agreement on the package origin field in the control file? I keep
> >     mixing up the respective bugtracking sites/systems...
>
> dunno

Gordon Sadler