Re: Copying kde2

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 08:30:56AM -0000, vdemart@supereva.it wrote:

> I've set up a terrific kde2 on my portable pc by means of dselect and the
> connection to kde.tdyc.com, unfortunately in hours and hours because of
> my slow connection.  Now I'd like to COPY this installation through nfs
> from my laptop to my new desktop.  Is that possible?  If yes, what are
> the directories and files I should be sure to copy, at least for a basic
> and working installation?

Basically, you can try copying the /var/cache/apt tree - there all the
downloaded packages are stored. Then, call apt-get install
<all-your-packages> and you should be there.

You might need an open internet connection for that, BUT as all the
packages are already there, apt shouldn't have to download anything.

--
" ...screams erupted at a Seattle hotel where Microsoft founder Bill Gates
was addressing an education and technology conference. (...)"