Re: KNode Identity Duplication of Effort

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 07:50:02PM -0500, Robert Tilley wrote:

> When I configure KNode, I must enter my ID information once in the top
> item from the list of configuration variables (Identity).  When I add a
> news server to KNode, I again must enter the exact same ID information
> for myself for that news serve..

You don't have to. If you don't enter anything in the "server-specific" or
newsgroup-specific fields, the defaults from the configuration will be
used.

Actually, it was me that requested (and got! =) the server-specific
configuration option. :)

--
" ...screams erupted at a Seattle hotel where Microsoft founder Bill Gates
was addressing an education and technology conference. (...)"