Re: konqeror bugs of note *stable*

Assuming you have got the OpenSSL package installed then I bet the problem is
that you are running WWWOFFLE as a cacheing proxy. Try disabling the proxy in
Konq (using the proxy setting - no need to actually stop or remove WWWOFFLE
itself).

My tests show that Konq is OK with SSL, Netscape and WWWOFFLE are OK with
SSL, but Konq and WWWOFFLE doesn't work on SSL sites. I've tried different
permutations of SSL level but the result seems the same.

Several people have reported a problem with SSL on the list over the past few
weeks and one person suggested that WWWOFFLE was the problem but this issue
doesn't seem to have caught peoples attention. Perhaps it is just newcomers
who run WWWOFFLE? It is part of the Debian Potato standard installation set.

I wrote yesterday to the WWWOFFLE developer to ask whether he knows of any
reason for this or workaround.

David Morgan