Re: true type fonts

On Thursday 05 April 2001 11:34, Shawn Garbett wrote:
> I've just got KDE 2.1.1 up and working. I keep here the buzz about
> TrueType fonts.
>
> deselect's only complaint is that xfs-tt is not configured properly.
>
> First off, how do I determine if my video card supports this.

Go to the manufacturer's web site and ask if you don't see any info. So
far I have only hear that the ATI Radeon (my card) and one of the
nVidia cards support anti-aliasing. Also the docs for XF86 4.xx

> Secondly, how do I configure it properly.

Control Center/Look&Feel/Style and check the box for 'Use anti-aliasing
for fonts and icons.'

> Third, where's a good source of true-type fonts to install.

Try a search on true-type fonts at Google, Yahoo, etc. Microsoft has TT
fonts, but of course they are for use with Windows only, <cough,cough>.