Re: proxy auth

On Wednesday 04 April 2001 14:52, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 03:49:05PM -0700, David Bishop wrote:
> > So, now that 2.1.1 is out, which supposedly has the fix for the annoying
> > "proxy auth" bug, and the kde I get in debian/sid is supposedly 2.1.1,
> > why do I still have the same annoying problem?  I'm running the latest
> > version of everything (i.e., done the apt-get update/upgrade thang), and
> > it is still not working with a proxy that was fine before it broke.  Do I
> > have to reboot or restart kde or something?  Does closing konq and
> > restarting it not do enough?   Help!  (the reason I ask rather than try
> > is I have several long running processes going, so I can't even try
> > logging out until tomorrow at the earliest).
>
> what version are you running.  2.1.1 did not fix the problem..it wasn't
> *supposidly* fixed until the other day.
>
>     kdelibs (4:2.1.1-3)
>     kdebase (4:2.1.1-3)
>
> Ivan

Ack, sorry about that.  I had no right to snap at you that way.  My apologies.
However, since my program just crashed, I took the opportunity to log out
and back on again with the same result.  Here's a quick grep of what's on my
system.

david@dbishop:~$ dpkg --list | grep kdelib
ii  kdelibs-dev    2.1.1-3        KDE core libraries (development files)
ii  kdelibs3       2.1.1-3        KDE core libraries (runtime files)
ii  kdelibs3-crypt 2.1.1.0-1      KDE core libraries (Crypto Modules)
ii  kdelibs3-doc   2.1.1-3        KDE core library documentation
david@dbishop:~$ dpkg --list | grep kdebase
ii  kdebase        2.1.1-3        KDE core applications
ii  kdebase-crypto 2.1.1-1.0.1    KDE core applications (Crypto modules)
ii  kdebase-dev    2.1.1-3        KDE core applications (development files)
ii  kdebase-doc    2.1.1-3        Documentation for Applications in kdebase
ii  kdebase-libs   2.1.1-3        KDE libraries amd modules for kdebase
david@dbishop:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

Thanks,

D.A.Bishop