Re: klisa in task-kde/unstable

> I just did an upgrade of task-kde and got klisa again (gotta remember
> to put it on hold after I purge it this time), I noticed a message
> getting scribbled to the current tty -- "nmblookup: not found"
> /usr/bin/nmblookup belongs to samba-common, I guess someone who knows
> something about samba should file a bug against klisa for an
> undeclared dependency if not already done.
>
> I'm wondering why installing KDE should drag in samba stuff and fire
> up a security ri^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hrver...
>
> Ivan, you feeling democratic, wanna vote on if klisa should be in
> task-kde - I vote NO.

first off, KDE does not drag in samba stuff.  klisa does not require samba.  It
does however use it's features if they are available.  Just because something
uses nmblookup doesn't mean that it needs the samba daemons running or even
installed.

Yes the task-kde package should not depend on it but rather be a recommend. I'm
going to fix that.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II