Re: Great Work!

I'm using an Athlon Thunderbird 750 w/ 256Megs of ram.

I think memory usage is the biggest problem with KDE in general. It's a monster. I see this as KDE's biggest problem overall. Having 128Megs shouldn't be a problem for it however. There is a noticeable pause before it starts rendering.

Shawn

Bart Szyszka wrote:
they throw popcorn at me. Konqueror is that browser. Simple, easy to
use, fast.

What processor/memory speeds are you guys using? I'm on a P233
w/ 128MB RAM and I'm not satisfied with Konqueror's speed. It
takes longer to *start* displaying a site (starting speed is very important,
IMO), and it also takes it much longer than MSIE to lay out a site
that uses tables. In Konqueror, it keeps on moving everything around
until it finally gets the layout right.

- Bart