Re: midnight commander with KDE2

On Sunday 01 April 2001 12:02, paul taylor wrote:
> I am new to debian. I originally got potato with gnome and now have KDE2
> which is my window of choice.
> From what I can see if I delete gnome I no longer have midnight commander.
> I used to use mc with kde when I ran suse 6.1.
> I want to run mc with kde2.
> any ideas???

Don't know what features of MC are real important to you, but did you know
that KDE2 Konqueror has a MC 'emulation' mode? Go to the WIndow menu in
konqueror, click on 'Load View Profile' and choose 'Midnight Commander'. You
then get two file manager/web-ftp browsers side by side and a command line at
the bottom. Might serve the purpose...