Re: lisa and lan browsing

Tim Kelley wrote:
> Has anyone gotten this to work?  Am I wasting my time?

works here, although the kcontrol setup didn't. I made up my own
config file with
the comments from the README.

> I've put in all the correct setting for my network, as root, and even as root
> konqueror still tells me lisa is unconfigured.  I've checked my lisarc,
> kio_lanrc, kio_rlanrc and reslisarc and they have the settings I put in there.

try starting lisa manually from the command line and see what it
says.
with lisa -c /etc/lisarc it should really work if lisarc exists (I
have attached
mine here, although you can't use it without modification obviously)

Then, when it's running, try typing lan:/ and konqueror should show
your network
neighbourhood.

> Now I get "could not connect to host localhost" when I do lan://localhost
> In kio_lanrc there is "start server=true"
> what is "lan://" anyway?  There doesn't seem to be any docs for lisa (well
> nothing in /usr/doc/lisa and google doesn't tell me much ...

wh36-b407:/# ls /usr/share/doc/lisa/
AUTHORS  changelog.Debian.gz  changelog.gz  copyright  NEWS
README.gz

The README is interesting and sufficient if you know what you're
doing. Although, the KDE GUI
setup thing should be fixed I suppose :-)

Hope this helps,

Yours Malte #8-)
PingAddresses = 172.20.230.0/255.255.255.0;
PingNames =
AllowedAddresses = 172.20.0.0/255.255.0.0
BroadcastNetwork = 172.20.230.0/255.255.255.0
SearchUsingNmblookup = 1                #also try nmblookup
FirstWait = 30                          #30 hundredth seconds
SecondWait = -1                         #only one try
#SecondWait = 60                         #try twice, and the second time wait 0.6 seconds
UpdatePeriod = 300                      #update after 300 secs
DeliverUnnamedHosts = 0                 #don't publish hosts without name
MaxPingsAtOnce = 256                    #send up to 256 ICMP echo requests at once