Re: on upgrading to testing

James D. Freels writes:

 > expected like libc, gcc, etc.  However, there also was the perl
 > packages which have been reported as very buggy.  I can't deal with
 > that.  What is the status of these packages now.

I don't remember problems with perl.  Please refresh my memory.

I can also say that I have been impressed with how quickly 'big
problems' get fixed in Debian.  One of the big problems I remember
from at least six months ago which left things unusable was actually
fixed with an upload by someone other than the package maintainer.  So
I have been happy with the response when there is a serious problem.

I know that this following statement may be faulty in a logical sort
of fashion, but I get more "feel goods" by doing the 'dist-upgrade'
only every so often, every three days or so.

rob