Re: on upgrading to testing

The main reason I am considering going with the unstable version is to
get the AA fonts in KDE 2.1.  I did a "apt-get -d install kde-base"
after enabling the unstable tree and hitting an "apt-get update".
What I found was most of the development packages as I expected like
libc, gcc, etc.  However, there also was the perl packages which have
been reported as very buggy.  I can't deal with that.  What is the
status of these packages now.

Like you , my system must be functional at work.  I don't use anything
else.

--
James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory