Printers in konqueror

Somewhere along all the recent changes to kde2 I have lost the ability to
print from konqueror. I am using the CUPS printing system and have no
difficulty printing a test page from the web admin interface, but it is
impossible to print from any other application.

Before when the printer worked in cups it worked everywhere. Now it doesn't.

Also I note that whenever I open a qtcups in kde and then close the window,
the process remains. This occurs for each instance of openning a qtcups
window. This means that I sometimes have 3 or more qtcups processes running.

I have looked through the documentation for configuring konqueror but htere
was no help there. Any ideas?

John Davidson