sid + 2.1 broken?

Hi all,

I recently did an apt-get dist-upgrade (mainly to get the new QT 2.3-final)
and kde2 is now totally non-functional, konq dies horribly, kmail is ...
strange (lots of mail but most has apparently no content, though the mailbox
seems fine). Removing .kde and logging in again just results in a rather
blank window. I saw some mention of a libfreetype problem on the list, so I
downgraded that to 2.0.1-1 - but it did not help. Ah, the joy of unstable
;-)

Any thoughts? Prior to my dist-upgrade all was working beautifully,
anti-aliased fonts and all.

- Daniel
*      Daniel Franklin - Postgraduate student in Electrical Engineering
*      University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia  *  d.franklin@ieee.org