Re: kde startup problem

Ivan E. Moore II writes:

 > thank you for the response...this pretty much confirms about 99% of
 > the bug reports like this over the past week.  I'll be soooo glad when
 > the Xft module is a shared library. :)

Another thing.  A friend at work pointed me to a web page on
www.xfree86.org where the author talks about fonts and X and all
that.  He said to add

        Load    "xtt"

to the modules line in X4.  I did that, and with the modules section
already having freetype and type1 in it.  the freetype and the xtt
module don't play nice together.  I can only have one or the other
commented out at a time.

rob