Re: Upgraded kdm - lost locale

Le Mardi 13 Mars 2001 14:26, Perttu Muurimäki a écrit :
> I upgraded my Potato to the latest kdm this weekend. Everything works fine
> (got the "Login failed"-thing cured) except for some reason my
> /etc/environment gets read but not implemented. I suspected it to be a
> PAM-related problem but there's nothing in /etc/security/pam_env that is
> not commented out. Further more, in /etc/pam.d/kde there's no env-clause.
> I tried to add LANG=fi_FI in xdm-config (Display....exportList) but that
> don't work either.

  Hum... I have the same problem (with fr_FR), but it is not new. Maybe
someone can explain this to me : in KDE1, all applications knew my locale
settings from /etc/environment, even Gtk-based apps (Gimp in particular). But
since KDE2, I can put whatever I want in /etc/environment, ~/.xinitc,
~/.xsession or ~/.Xclients, it isn't taken into account and I get non-KDE
only in english.
  Of course if I start them from the command line in konsole, they respect my
locales correctly...
  My /etc/environment is :

	LANG=fr_FR
	LANGUAGE=fr_FR