Re: Problems with KDE Floppy Formatter (fdformat??)

Le Lundi 12 Mars 2001 12:41, Ivan E. Moore II a écrit :
> > if I try to format a DD floppy with the KDE Floppy Formatter, I get the
> >
> > following error message:
> > > Cannot create a filesystem on: /dev/fd0u720
> > > mkdosfs:unable to allocate space for FAT image in memory
> >
> > I'm using KDE 2.1 and Potato.
> >
> > Formatting HD Disks works.
> >
> > Perhaps the problem has something to do with the now obsolete "fdformat"?
>
> since when has it been obsolete?  I still have it on my system...it's part
> of the util-linux package.
>
> anyways..I dont' have any dd disks let alone too many hd disks to test
> this.

  When you try to launch fdformat on Debian, you get a message saying it is
obsoleted and that superformat should be used. I think that message was
already there in Slink.
  To answer the previous question, is it normal that the device /dev/fd0u720
is used ? You really have that drive ?

--
Thibaut Cousin
email : cousin@in2p3.fr