Konq with authenticating Proxies

(resend)

Up until yesterday, I was using konqueror here at work, and it was wonderful.
 Then, after apt-get'ing last Thursday's updates, everytime I try and surf
the
web through the authenticating proxy here at work, it returns this error
(when it would normally be popping up the username/pass box):

	Unsupported action
	Unknown authorization method.

And won't go anywhere.	Nothing else changed, I didn't mess around with the
proxy settings, though I have gone back and made sure that they are correct.
I was hoping that would be fixed in subsequent updates, but it wasn't :-(
Anyone
have any idea what's going on?	Any place that I can start debugging the
issue?
Even when starting konq from within a terminal, no debugging output was sent
the shell, so that was a dead-end.  I had a few short days of bliss, but am
now
back to mozilla and hating almost every minute of it.

Vital stats:

latest sid, everything to do with kde installed (within reason, no games),
i386.

TIA and HAND,

D.A.Bishop