Re: KNode and Startup Delay?

El Mié 28 Feb 2001 20:17, Hendrik Sattler escribió:
>>[...]
> > I've been told the knode from kde 2.1 is faster, which version do you
> > have?
>
> Yes, looking for new articles is non-blocking now (as it was in kde2.0).
> Try the following (I am german so you may have to improve on the setting
> names):
> Properties of knode --> reading news -->first suboption --> first checkbox
> (something about checking for new articles without asking when entering a
> news group).
> Turn that off an try again.

I tried what you said, but I'm afraid that doesn't help because the delay is
_before_ checking for new articles.

I would like to install the knode from kde 2.1, but I don't want to download
the lot of megas of the kdelibs, does anyone know if the knode from kde 2.1
can be compiled with the libs from kde 2.01?

--
Ricardo Villalba
rvm@linuxfan.com