Re: arts and railroadtycoon

On Sun,  4 Mar 2001 19:34, David Kempe wrote:
> Hey,
> Sound doesn't work in railroad tycoon cos it reckons it can't access the
> sound card... I think its because arts sound daemon is running.
> Is there a way to stop arts nicely? What the debian policy on which sound
> server does what and how to stop/start them?

I have a problem with the sound server in KDE2.1 as well.

I found out if you use the Sound settings to set the Sound Server to default
and tell it to restart then your sounds will work.

Trying to inform arts to use the alsa devices I have or any other manual
settings causes some sounds to work and others to not work. Setting it to
default was the only way to get the arts damon to actually run.

--
Cheers,

	Rick