Re: Converting ghostscript.rpm to Debian system

I tried using alien to convert to .tgz or .deb, but it fails for read the .rpm
at all? Methinks I've got a corrupt CD: ( So I tried compiling a patched
ghostscript 5.50 from source. The patch didn't apply cleanly, but I was able to
fix this. I also had to copy a header file over before it compiled, mostly. It
now fails at the linking stage with cannot find lXt? I did a locate lXt, and no
joy. I'm guessing this is some kind of X development lib? I seem to have
everything else I need because make gets all the way to linking before it fails.
I read the build and install doc's, and they suggested adding a -b
i486-linuxaout switch to the CFLAG and LDFLAG, but this failed to commpile at
all.

I'll send this info back to Progeny and see what they can make of it. Thanks for
the info, though. It was helpful, just didn't work with my system.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

     John Gay