missing 7x13 font in konsole

After trying various combinations of solutions found in this list I've
sucsessfully resolved all the font related issues save one.  I still get the
"missing '7x13' font" error message window popping up when starting konsole.
Clicking ok on the error window lets konsole start up and run perfectly.
Going in and changing the font/size settings once in konsole works.  Opening
new sessions works.  But once you close konsole and restart it, the missing
font message reappears.  I have reloaded all the base fonts including
scalable and fixed fonts.  On this particular machine there are no TT fonts
so it's using xfs (not xfs-xtt).  The machine has potato stable release on it
with xfree 3.3.6.   All other apps seem to behave correctly where fonts are
concerned.   Any ideas where I might look for a solution?
Thanks!

--
Dave Eidson
Blue Northern Software