Re: KDE and debian packages.

> I did that... over and over again.... uninstalled (purged) reinstalled.
> it just don't do the trick... kmenuedit is still unavailable...
> something about shared libraries...
>
> but if you install kdebase, i suppose it installs the nessecary programs also
> ???
>
> well i guess not !!! even not without that qt1apps etc....
>
> the kdebase package is buggy, the problem with kmenuedit IS NOT FIXED !
> or there must be some other dependencies or kinda problems.
>
> While Ivan said it was fixed ???

let me talk like you... "NO I DIDN"T!"  geez... you don't do a good job paying
attention.

> well if i do a dpkg --purge kdebase
> and after that
> apt-get install kdebase
> and like Ivan said the problem was fixed,
> then i suppose that when you reinstall (apt-get install kdebase)
> that the problem is fixed ??? or am i stupid ?
>
> It just do not works !
>
> It drives me nuts :-)

I said it's fixed in unstable/sid.  I also said that I do not have the
ability to fix it in potato immediatly and that to solve it all you have
to do is install kdebase-dev.

not only did I say this, but others have said this on this list multiple
times.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II